Hunting Licenses

Resident vs. Non-Resident

All resident hunters age 16 - 64 must have a resident hunting license. Non-resident hunters, regardless of age, must have a non-resident license.

Purchase a License

Hunting licenses are available for purchase at the County Clerk's office, which is located at:
Kingman County Courthouse
2nd floor
130 N Spruce
Kingman, KS 67068

Contact the County Clerk at 620-532-2521 with any questions you may have.

Hunting License Exemptions

Kansas hunting licenses are not required for the following:
  1. Kansas residents 15 and younger or 65 and older
  2. Legally-defined Native American Kansas residents (apply for free license)
  3. Non-residents using field trial permits issued by Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism
  4. Owners of land or tenants of land leased or rented for agriculture, and their immediate families living with them, while hunting or fur harvesting on this land

Hunter Education Certification

Anyone born on or after July 1, 1957 must successfully complete a certified hunter education course in order to purchase a hunting license or hunt, except on lands they own. Resident hunters under 16 years of age are not required to purchase a hunting license but must carry a Hunter Education Certificate (unless hunting on own land), showing they have completed the course. Anyone under 27 years old must carry an approved hunter education card while hunting in Kansas.